Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dunkin Donuts Can Kiss My Shiny Heiney

Dunkin Donuts, mmmm Dunkin Donuts, purveyors of fattening goodness. Does anybody else like Dunkin Donuts?

When we visited Maine three summers ago, I was able to have some. I ordered their Boston Cream Pie donuts. They are filled with vanilla pudding and topped with chocolate frosting. They are a little piece of pot belly heaven.

But now to the root of my problem with Dunkin Donuts. I'll put it in letter form, not that they will ever read it or care if they do.

Dear Dunkin Donuts Corporation,

You are the same corporation who owns Taco Bell, are you not? It is impossible to swing a dead burrito in CA without hitting one of your Taco Bell (make a run for the bathroom) franchises.

Yet there is not one, NOT ONE, Dunkin' Donuts that I know of in the Northern Californa area or even in Southern California. That's right. If I want a Boston Cream Pie donut, I am just SOL.

Now I see that you are putting your over-priced coffee in the stores. You want me to buy your coffee? You can't offer me the availability of your donuts but you very GENEROUSLY placed your coffee in the local grocery store.

Here is my memo to you. KISS MY ASS! I will buy YOUR coffee when and only when I can go into a local Dunkin' Donuts store and purchase a Boston Cream Donut at the same time. If California isn't good enough for a Dunkin Donuts franchise, I am sure as hell not drinking your damn coffee.

Peevishly,
Carolyn B

9 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

i liked 'em in Massachusetts but in New York they're owned by some chain, Riese, that ruins everything. In Massachusetts, I liked their honey-dipped doughnuts, and sometimes their crullers. And the strawberry frosted. Mmm.

Maybe a letter to Governor Arnold is in order...

5:07 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

What you need is a nice diet book.

Maybe.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

We have them all over here (sorry). I avoid them like the plague just because I fear that if I stepped inside, the only way I'd be able to escape is to be rolled out through the door. ;)

6:27 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

the few here in the (cough, cough) Midwest (Pittsburgh is NOT East Coast) were knocked out of business by Krispy Kreme. whose doughnuts are just fine but they are NOT French crullers.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

We have one right next to the library. But I have been able to resist.

6:34 PM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Hmmmm. Doughnuts are a very different proposition over here. We have two, maybe three varieties, full stop. There's raspberry jam filling, apple filling, or a kind of toffee custard kinda thing filling.

Oh, but now in some cities they have Krispy Kreme, but not that many yet.

I like that we only have a couple of doughnut types here. It feels pleasantly olde-worlde.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - Hee hee, Dear Fitness Freak Arnold, While I know you no longer allow soft drinks in school, I feel doughnuts are more nutritious as they contain eggs...

Old Hoss - I purchased a diet book. It tasted awful.

Roxanne - I'll roll with you.

Bearette - Krispy Kreme overexpanded here and lost their butts. Hee, serves 'em right if they ran Dunkin Donuts out of business.

Bookworm - You are a stronger woman than me.

Badgerdaddy - Apple filling? Oh drool. I'd been thinking of doing a post on how much I like apple pie. I'll bet your donuts are at least as good.

6:15 AM  
Blogger velcro said...

the reason why you can't find them in California? They've all moved over here to London. Yummm doughnuts

12:10 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

So you got my red-headed child (not a red-head in my brood, sadly) AND you got my donut shop? Life isn't fair. :P

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home