Thursday, November 15, 2007

I Got Scolded But Mission Accomplished

Has anyone ever been on cafemom?

They have some autism support groups and tons of other groups, anything you can imagine. You will find your group or maybe twenty or more groups you like.

And if you're really bored and want to see the fur fly, create a post on formula feeding, circumcision or illegal immigration. Then sit back and pass the popcorn.

I have been perusing my gfcf group a lot lately as we are all getting our Thanksgiving recipes ready.

Anyway there was this very annoying ad for Cost Plus Imports or one of those type companies. It kept popping up and unfurling like a roll of toilet paper. Then it froze cafemom. It was getting very annoying as it came up on every damn page.

I tried to hit the contact cafemom button only it froze up. I managed to finally get to my post areas and put out a plea for help to the other moms. I wanted to know how they managed to manuever around the bleeping ad.

The next time I logged on, I had an e-mail from the group admin scolding me. I was told to not complain about the ad sponsors, that if I had an issue I needed to contact cafemom. Boo-friggidy-hoo. LOL

I tried to hit reply so I could tell her I had tried to contact them but the ad wouldn't let me.

Sadly, one can't reply to the cafemom team.

Well my post was deleted but you know what else? That damn ad is gone too.

Whee - mission accomplished! I may have got my tongue lashing for the day but it was worth it.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next we shall tackle world dominance!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

Nice one... another win for the humble blogger.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Liz - With a librarian by my side, I can do anything.

Chris - I thought so but now the damn ad is back! GARRRR.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

So do you feel like you're in school again...sent to the principal's office?

Good for you!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOOT! Good for you!
That place(which you oh so accurately described,heh) has a nasty habit of coming down on people for speaking out. Boo to that! Glad you got your wish, hee.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL,it's ME..Lael,not Durell but I'm sure you already knew that;p

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Golly! Well I'm glad you managed to have your say. Perhaps you could repost it on your own site - sounds like it would be a good read [or maybe I am just a little biased]
BEst wishes

12:18 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Undomestic - Heh heh. Ah the principal's office, I knew it well.

Ms. L - Now the bothersome ad is back and although they scolded me for mentioning it, my plea for help two nights ago was ignored. Shall I complain again and get the boot?

Maddy - This is my site. :)

10:57 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Who gives a rats ass if you have an opinion about a sponsor. If they are that annoying, it isn't going to do them any good anyway. Although I do like Cost plus.... :)

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, wouldn't the ad sponsor WANT to know that their ad was blocking people and therefore NOT WORKING PROPERLY and putting people off their product???

Well done, Caro.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home