Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Brilliant Scholar

I went to school early last night, two weeks early. Oops. Since I was there anyway, I went to the book store. My book wasn't in yet which meant no chance of buying used. Ended up meandering to Amazon when I got home and ordering it. Those textbook publishers must make millions, millions I tell you!
*************************
It was also my thirteenth wedding anniversary. We are broke, our usual post-Christmas state of finance. Hubs and I exchanged cards. He gave me a candy bar. I gave him some truffles. The truffles came from Target. They are Lindt Lindor Truffles. The white chocolate ones have a filling that tastes like cream cheese. I only tried half a one since yesterday was day one of the evil diet.
*************************
I also have to mention that yesterday was my cousin's birthday. Happy Belated Birthday Brad!
*************************
Packed hubby's lunch this morning in his Mr. Bento. Mr. Bento is the world's coolest lunch box. You can buy it on Amazon for about 40.00. My parents sent hubs an Amazon gift certificate for his birthday and I spent part of it on his Bento. Let me describe it for you. I'm sure you are all intrigued by now. :-) Basically there are four bowls stacked in a vertical insulated container. The two bowls on the bottom keep hot stuff hot. The two bowls in the top keep cold stuff cold. It's perfect for packing stir-fry and rice. Today I packed enchiladas and rice in the bottom containers and salad and crackers in the top ones. I have packed him spaghetti with meatballs before and chicken soup with rice. Using up leftover dinner has never been so fun. Now go forth and buy a Bento!
*************************
Have I ever confessed on here that I am a bargain shopper? I love the thrill of the chase. If something is on sale, it's great, clearance is even better. I get a high from a good sale.

I never expected to so thoroughly enjoy a new car. I love the smell and the way it drives. (I haven't run over enough curbs to screw up the alignment yet.) The heated seats are heavenly and the little cell phone built into the mirror is just plain fun.

So I wonder if I were a wealthy "money is no object" person, would I still enjoy the rush of a sale? Would I gloat in paying half price for Coach and Prada? Probably I would. LOL There's nothing like a good bargain, is there?

10 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

I think the answer is yes...my brother's MIL comes from old money, yet nobody loves a bargain like her. She re-uses wrapping paper and cards (she will give a card to her daughter that she gave her daughter 10 years ago, with the ages crossed out), and her favorite place to shop is the "Madaket Mall" (translation: the Nantucket dump).

12:00 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

For example, on her daughter's 40th birthday she'll give her a card she gave her on her 10th birthday, with the age updated.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

I love bargin shopping! I'm not a scrooge though, I don't recycle wrapping paper etc! I wish I had more money sometimes, but who doesn't? There is NOTHING like a new car! OOOO you lucky thing.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - Wow, the card thing cracks me up. That's crazy but funny.

Chris - Can you imagine how much space it would take up to recycle wrapping paper? I don't know about you but my house is already stuffed to the rafters.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Dad used his Bento yesterday with bean soup and other stuff. It was a good gift. Thank you again for my gift. It is an exact duplicate and brings back poignant memories.

Does you car have a wonderful rubber bumper? Remember?

Mom

3:24 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

That Mr. Bento does sound cool. My hubby gets a PB & J when I pack him lunch. Bad wife...bad.

I WOULD absolutely be a bargain shopper if I had all the money in the world. I like a deal! I will be rolling naked in my money but refuse to spend more that 50% off. Stick it to the man! Whoa...I am getting excited...

4:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Textbooks... *The look* I swear they make MILLIONS... I have to buy 5 or 6 for my classes... they are breaking the bank!!!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

Be a pal and post a link to that Bento thing, will ya?

NOS is on a Ninja kick these days.

-J.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haa,better to be early than late I say!

I am in love with those truffles.
I hate white chocolate but could totally polish a bag of those buggers off in NO time.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mom - No rubber bumpers. Oh no.

GM - Maybe it gives him motivation to pack his own.

Techie - And that's a "cheap" education.

Joke - Your wish is my command.

Ms. L. - I know what you mean. They DO NOT taste like white chocolate.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home