Sunday, February 03, 2008

Mutterings

Hey, how is everyone in blogland tonight? I logged in from California and boy are my arms tired! (Insert cheesy laugh here.)

My first noteworthy item is one of those things that is exciting to us here in dullsville. Sammy is potty trained at last! Yes, he's almost five but autism and potty training go together like Joel Osteen and Ozzy Osbourne. We are proud and happy, especially happy! No more poopy diapers. Now if I can just get that landfill renamed...

His therapies now go from 8:30 in the morning to 11:30 in the afternoon for five days a week. He has gotten very uncooperative so the three hours are spent with myself and the therapist alternately cajoling him to answer the questions. My internet time has been severely curtailed.

I never even reported on Jupiter's choir concert back in December. At this point, I have forgotten most of the pertinent details other than the fact that I accidentally sat in the farting section. I meant to sit in the no farting section but it was not to be. The last half of the very long concert was spent with me fighting the urge to find the culprit and set them on fire.

And what is up with the band teachers at the schools? I think they are told that they get three songs so they purposely dig for three songs that are at least ten minutes long each. The songs are unrecognizable, boring and all sound alike. Just when you think maybe the song is ending, it goes on again and on and on and on...I'd almost rather have a crown. At least the pain ends at some point.

I have broken every single one of my New Year's resolutions. Not only have I been eating gluten, I've gained thirteen pounds. Two bloggers I read are pregnant and neither one of them have gained that much. Maybe it's my sympathy weight gain. I have to blame it on somebody. Personal accountability? What's that?

And while I would love to actually go somewhere with this post, I'm drawing a blank, yep a big fat blank.

Talk to you all later when I've got something a little less dull to share.

14 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

The farting section...how horrible. There should be a sign. Then I guess no one would sit there ;)

If I'm one of the 2 pregnant bloggers...I've gained more weight than it appears. Trust me :)

I always seem to weigh more than people think. Maybe it's a function of being tall?

6:21 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

YAY on the potty training! Youngest beat Sammy by six months. When he was a little over 4 and a half, I finally handed Youngest underpants, pants, sox and the keys to the Throne. And told him "It's YOUR job now." 2 days later, he was completely housebroken. Go figure.
I have done that go-on-a-diet-and-gain-15-pounds diet. Now I realize if I just eliminate sugar and junk, the weight comes off. It's so hard to avoid sugar.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

Mate I reckon I gained that much too... but am now turning it around ... PHEW! You can too if ya really work at it.... what's keeping you?

1:11 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Congrats on the potty training!!! Miss C was also fully potty trained by the age of 5!! It's a huge relief and accomplishment!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Sammy! I'll bet his "weenie" will be happy to be out of diapers. ;)

Farting section? ugh.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

congrats on the potty training! That's awesome!!

I hate it when people fart like that in public. You should bring Ciari next time,she'll loudly ask Who farted? and shame the person into leaving.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - How tall are you? (if it's okay to ask)

Mscellania - I don't know what suddenly clicked with Sammy. Maybe he got tired of poopy undies. I know i did.

Chris H - Thanks for the tough love. I did better today.

Mary Poppins - Thank you. I'll miss patting a little diaper butt. Perhaps not too much though.

Liz - I think he has realized that his weenie is much happier now that he can reach it. Hee.

Ms. L - May I borrow your daughter?

8:46 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

Glad you're back to blogging! Who care where you're going with it. I just love reading it.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

5'7". So, not as tall as you, but taller than average :)

1:04 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Undomestic - Thank you!

Bearette - That's a good height.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Ooh! Potty training is such a big accompishement, congratulations on that one!

I think things are suppose to be slow in January and February (that's my story anyway)(and I'm sticking to it).

12:36 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Maybe you could do a b**g detailing where each of those 13 pounds came from. With a little thought, that should last for, oh, say 27 b**gs. Providing you're willing to stretch out the poundage.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Paula - Thank you.

Old Hoss - I'll start with the chocolate eclairs. Mmmmmm.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I think once you have kids, weight gain just seeks you out and attacks you in the night. I have gained a lot of weight too. Those pesky kids....I think all the crap THEY eat lands right on my ass.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home