Monday, August 18, 2008

One Down One To Go


She really was happy. I think I caught her unprepared.




Today is the first day of school in case nobody caught me crowing about it in my last post.

Azure goes in the morning but Sammy doesn't have to go until the afternoon. This is a good thing since he is still asleep.

Azure was very excited. She was also very talkative at 6:30 in the morning. Ugh. I can't even form a coherent sentence that early.

I offered to make waffles but she only wanted a bowl of cereal. (breakfast candy)

She ate her cereal while I attempted to make coffee. Our coffee maker seems to have taken a crap. Hopefully I'm wrong. Please let me be wrong. We tend to worship at the altar of the Cuisinart Grind and Brew.

Azure put on her first day outfit with her new matching shoes. Only she informed me the shoes didn't fit. Since they had fit, according to her, when we purchased them at the store, I can only conclude she was tired of shopping and said they fit so we could be done. So instead of the black flats with the black outfit, she wore big clunky white tennis shoes. Oh well.

Lunch took about twenty minutes to pack. Did I mention I'm groggy in the morning? She is supposed to have a morning snack so I packed Ritz crackers with peanut butter for snack. Lunch was peanut butter and jelly, a water bottle, carrots and ranch and some blueberries sprinkled with a bit of sugar. Sammy and I like blueberries natural but little Miss Tooth Decay likes her sugar.

School starts at eight. It is a mile and a half away but we had to leave the house at seven forty-three. We also had to park a bit further away than usual. First day traffic is brutal.

I told her to walk near somebody because there is safety in numbers. She informed me that she KNEW how to look out for traffic. I'm not worried about her looking out for traffic. I'm worried about traffic looking out for her! If you want to find the very worse drivers in the world, watch school traffic in the morning. It's amazing. One wonders how some of these people managed to reproduce.

So off she went with her backpack and her big bag of school supplies. The house is quiet. I'm having my coffee. All is well.

9 Comments:

Blogger EdotR said...

Gotta come back and tell us about sammy!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Badger said...

Aw! My kids go back next Tuesday. I am both excited and dreading it. And you are SO RIGHT about the drivers near the school in the morning! OMG! What is up with that?!

10:20 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

That sure is a long time to wait for your first cup of coffee. Boy howdy, you be tough.

2:35 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Aw, big hugs to you for getting one out the door. We do this for TWO tomorrow! We are walking. And you are right about the fer-shit drivers! We even have bulletins posted and coming in the mail about "Please DRIVE CAREFULLY around the school children!"
And don't get me started about the bigger kids on bikes. They are worse than the drivers. I am tempted to clothesline one group. Heh heh heh

3:24 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mary - You're right. Hopefully I can get the pics off my camera before the battery gives out.

Badger - I'm not sure what's up with it. I've seen some almost run over their OWN kids.

OldHoss - It wasn't by choice. I didn't have time.

Mscellania - That clothesline one would make a good video. Good luck tomorrow!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

Sounds like a successful beginning. Chuncky white sneakers are much cooler anyhow!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Cari - They were pretty cool sneakers. :-)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I hate the first day of school traffic. We have to go 35 minutes early. And it is half a mile away. I don't trust her to walk in alone. Dammit.

I worship at the idol of my coffee maker too. I have named it. His name is Craig. I love him.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

GM - You named your coffee maker - that is too funny. Mine is almost dead so I won't name it. Wouldn't want to bond with it right before I threw it out. LOL

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home