Tuesday, August 05, 2008

When Life Hands You Lemons Buy a Six Pack of Coronas to go With Them



Well I can dwell and be depressed or I can keep busy while waiting for things to resolve. I think I'll keep busy.

A good friend brought by some summer squash from her garden last night. I also had on hand some tomatoes my in-laws had given me. Tonight we had a delcious vegetable casserole with our dinner. It contained garlic, onion, squash and tomatoes. I topped it with gluten-free bread crumbs and cashew cheese. (I can't call it nut cheese anymore. My husband laughs too much.) It was a wonderful and delicious way to use up nature's bounty.
**************************
The kids and I went south this weekend to visit my parents, a four hour drive. Those little DVD players that plug into your car socket are ingenious. I could give the person who invented them a big ole kiss maybe even some oral sex.

Anyway it was a great visit. My mother did all the cooking and cleaning. I felt guilty but thoroughly enjoyed it regardless.

On the way down Azure pointed out an orchard to Sammy and asked him if he thought the trees were pretty.

He said that they were and somebody might want to stop and pee on them.

Is this a guy thing?
********************
I've mentioned cafemom on here before, my favorite spectator sport. It's fun to watch somebody make a post and then see the fur fly.

I decided to open a new account and make a fake post to see what people would say. Here was my post. I spelled some words incorrectly on purpose.


"I hope somebody can help me. I have the worst problim.

My husband farts all night long. In the morning the bedroom stinks so bad that I can't stand it. The first thing I like to do in the morning is have a cigarette. Only it stinks too bad in the room for me to stay. I'm also afraid that if I light a match all the gas will make the room explode.

I can't go in another room. This is the only room in the house I can smoke in because the kids are not allowed in my room.

Can somebody tell me if their is some kind of pill I can give my husband so he doesn't smell so bad?"


I then had to give the computer up to my husband for about 25 minutes. When I sat down to read all the scathing replies on the dangers of secondhand smoke and swamp gas, my post was gone, as was my fake account!

Cafemom doesn't allow multiple accounts, darn them.

I know the only reason it got deleted was because it got heated. There's nothing like stirring the pot and not even getting to taste the soup. :-(

15 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

Man, that would have been entertaining to see the aftermath of that post. Too bad you missed out on the excitement.

That dish looks really, really yummy. :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Awww that sucks!
I can make another account and
you can have it?? Would that work
or does it go by the IP address??
Hehehe,it's fun to stir up shit on that place!

Your casserole looks so GOOD!
I'm making that next week for sure.

I see we have the same family. Nut cheese would send us ALL into
attacks of guffaws;p

10:23 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Lael - They go by the IP address darn it! Oh well.

Regarding my husband and nut cheese, oh boy. I make it special for my son. So the day I looked at my son and said - I love your nut cheese - my husband roared. I am now careful to say cashew cheese.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Roxanne - It was very good. My son finished it up for lunch today.

I saw the funniest post today. I'm sure cafemom guidelines prohibit copy and paste but I may anyway.

12:10 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Too bad you weren't serious, for there is a "pill" -- called Beano. (I don't know if it works, though.)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Old Hoss - You can lead a man to Beano but...

I LOVE your new pic. Why do I keep getting more unattractive while you keep getting better looking?

The universe is indeed cruel.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

I wish I had the patience to grow vegetables. I love fresh tomatoes!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Undomestic - I wish I did too. We also have clay soil. Ugh.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, yummy dessert you made and left at MIL's house! Though... woul dhave been better if I could have chewed it...

Anyway, my blog is up and running-- a Video blog now! Go check it out!

smart-ash.blogspot.com

or

www.youtube.com/warriorprncss

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have TOTALLY loved to have seen how that turned out.

-J.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Smart Ash - I didn't make a dessert. :-)

Joke - Yeah, I miss all the good stuff. Those women are like piranhas.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No Brownie like marshmellow mutty goodness?

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You troublemaker!

That picture made me salivate. I have to get off the computer and feed the baby now.

4:25 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, darn, I wanted to see the end of the fake account. Sounded real fine, to me.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home