Monday, September 01, 2008

I'm a Grumpy Old Troll Who Lives Under the Bridge

Lots has changed in life lately but the one constant for the last month seems to be that I'm a miserable troll.

Can PMS last for a whole month?

I am behind on answering e-mails and popping into blogs because when I get the blues/bitch thing going on, I avoid people. This includes my family who have all noticed I have mentally checked out.

But enough of that.

A friend of Jupiter's has a Dad who is a mechanic and works on a car lot. He found Jupiter the perfect car for a thousand dollars. My mother loaned her the money.

I will save the story of picking it up for later. It makes me tired to think of it.

The car is a 1989 Chevy Blazer. While the miles are high, it has obviously been well loved and cared for. The upholstery and engine are in excellent shape. She adores it and I am happy that she has a pair of wheels.

Boots received a ride in it and he loves it too as does Sammy.

Jupiter is moving in with my mother who lives four hours south of us. I hope she helps around the house while she lives there and doesn't run my Mom ragged.

In other news I am channeling Jaba the Hutt. Why is it that when you most need to exercise in order to make yourself feel better, you feel the least like it?

I am fat and out of shape. I start on Alli tomorrow. Please everybody cross your fingers that I don't soil myself. Wouldn't that impress the other parents when I picked my kids up at school?

My son may need to go to the dr tomorrow. He kept saying his "whinny" hurt yesterday. As the day progressed he appeared to develop elephantitis of the penis. I am soaking him in salt baths and applying yeast cream but if it hasn't subsided tomorrow we will be taking him to the doctor for the ultimate indignity - a whinny exam.

Gluten-free baking has not been going well without eggs. Oh my gosh the crap I have turned out. It is like the early days when we first went gluten-free. After two years I got quite good at it and then the damn eggs had to go.

I made some popovers using flax seeds to replace the eggs and they looked like smashed toads, all speckly on the outside and slimy in the middle. Back to the drawing board for me.

If it can be done, I will find a way.

11 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Are vegan cookbooks helpful at all? I figure they have gotten around the egg thing - a couple of ones i've heard of are Vegonomicon and Vegan with a Vengeance...

5:49 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - Some of the vegan stuff has been extremely helpful. Thank goodness for vegans. I didn't know you could make french toast using cornstarch in place of egg. It's not bad.

I once checked Veganomicon out of the library once. Wouldn't mind owning it. The hard part is gluten-free and vegan combined. Yuck.

6:50 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Hope the doctor goes well....

and let me know about the alli progress...lord knows I need something to get me in better shape.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Badger said...

Can PMS last all month? WHO WANTS TO KNOW, BITCH?!

Er, sorry. I mean YES. Yes, it can.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mary - I think we have escaped the doctor. It seems to be going down. Hooray! And I'll keep you updated on the Alli.

Badger - LMAO. Good answer.

8:22 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Yipes sorry about the pennis. I think maybe he's playing with it a bit too much. Heppened here.
Are egg substitutes still egg allergy forbidden? I have never read the ingredients. Would buttermilk help? Is he lactose intolerant too?
We have a big aisle with gluten free or vegan at our whole foods. I hate the prices, but if it would give you a break. HEY! Do you have fresh and easy there? Was just in Las Vegas this week and I LOVED that store!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mscellania - No we don't have a Fresh N Easy. We are supposed to have a Whole Foods about 20 minutes away within a year. There is another one 45 minutes away. I have gone twice. You're right. Great selection - crazy prices. (Bearette calls it Whole Paycheck) I finally figured out a good bread today. Hooray! As far as egg replacer goes, the Ener-G brand is okay to use but it wasn't making good bread for me. And no on buttermilk or any milky products. :-(

6:44 PM  
Blogger Undomestic said...

Now that damn dora song is in my head!!!!!

Hang in there!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

Sometimes it seems it'd be easier to just say the Hell with it and go back to nomadic foraging.

-J.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Undomestic - My friend Lael calls that an ear worm!

Joke - Isn't that the specific carbohydrate diet?

4:39 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Don't them doctors know nuttin'?

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home