Monday, September 15, 2008

The Season Starts

I'm not talking about sports or television. I'm talking about the cold/flu season. Sammy and I already had the first colds of the year. Azure was right behind us but hers has gone to asthma as usual. We made our routine trip to the doctor today for an inhaler.

********************

After my dental crown experience, I neglected to find a new dentist. Yes, I know dental health is important. As soon as they can figure a way for me to sleep through the whole thing, I'm on board with getting some work done again.

The crown has decided recently that day has come. At the very least, I plan on finding somebody who offers nitrous oxide.

I need somebody soon before the crown falls off. I'll be boiled in hot oil before I go back to Dentist "Vee have vays of making you talk."

********************

Sammy is beginning to adjust to school. His aide said he is doing very well.

She did have a few complaints:

1. He chews with his mouth open.
2. He picks his nose on purpose to gross the other kids out (eats it too).
3. He jokes about farts with the other boys.

I can get that one and two need to be corrected but number three is normal male behavior, right?

********************

He is also supposed to start learning to pack his own lunches.

The ABA tutors come by to run his programs. We get to the lunch packing program. I lay out the food.

He makes his lunch and THEN he eats it. The lunch isn't making it into the lunchbox.

At least the boy likes to eat!

********************

The dieting is going well. I take one Alli a day with the highest fat meal.

Most of my meals are extremely low in fat so it's hard to pick a meal sometimes.

I'm also jogging on the treadmill but I'm not back to lifting weights yet.

The treadmill times are getting a lot better though. When I was eating like a pig, I struggled a lot with the treadmill. Jogging is much easier when you are eating healthier.

Why did it take me so long to figure this one out?

9 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

I think number 1 and 2 are also typical male behavior...or maybe that's just in my house?

I always kick myself when I "remember" how good it feels to take care of my body. Why is it so dang easy to fall back into the hole of eating crap and not exercising?

8:38 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

The trick is to STAY on the eat right/exercise path.

-J.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Roxanne - Because crap food tastes sooooo good.

Joke - I continually fall off that path. I am a natural couch potato.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Good for you on the diet. I need to get motivated. How do you like Alli? Hmmm...where did I put the potato chips...

As for the aide's complaints. They are ALL normal boy things. Gross as they may be. But boys are gross. Accept it.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for diet, exercising and feeling good!

I went back on my weight watchers points today... I really need to go to the gym... but I dance for 2 hours 3 days a week so I'm having a hard time trying to get myself to go to the gym, too...

7:38 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I often say to myself,running will be waaay easier when I'm lighter but I never seem to get lighter,no matter how much I run! I must have done something to piss off the diet karma gods.

hehehehe,Sammy. I love him. I think all 3 are normal male behavior. I'm so gld he's doing good,YAY!

12:49 PM  
Blogger EdotR said...

I"m with Roxanne on Sammy's behavior...Miss C likes to try to kiss boys, just to make them squeal, typical female behavior....lol!!!

As for your diet...I envy u!!!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

If he eats his lunch for breakfast, does he eat his lunch for dinner ? I can't figure this out; maybe later.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

GM - It's PMS time. Pass the chips.

Smart Ash - That's a whole lotta exercise.

Ms. L - You and I both pissed off the karma gods.

Mary - I think I gained it all back again! Grrrr.

Old Hoss - None of us know whether we're coming or going either.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home