Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Gingerbread" Houses













Azure wanted to build gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. Her classroom was doing it the last day of school but she was sick.

So we did them at home. Azure's house is the big one built of graham crackers. Sammy's is the shorter one built from gluten-free Health Valley Rice Bran Crackers.

I built the main structure of each one. An architect I am not.

Azure added a chimney to hers and decorated it. The animal cracker on top with a red M&M nose is Rudolph.

Sammy dictated a garage/backyard for his. He built the pointed roof on the far right. I'm not sure how it stayed on. He also built the kiss on a stick. That is a "light." He told me the garage/backyard is for his animals to sleep in.

They aren't works of art but we had fun.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

i want to eat them. i think nursing is making me hungry.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

You're too late to eat Sammy's. He already attacked it. :-O

Nursing made me almost as hungry as when I was pregnant.

1:40 PM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Great Idea! Ryan is begging to do gbread houses. I think I have some old graham crackers that would work. We have the candy somewhere, too. Or hell we could just use choco chips.

Thanks for visiting!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

10 outta 10 for the houses, I bet they taste yummm too!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

What a cool idea!
I bet that was fun,for the kids
and you too.

Hee Hee Sammy,is a boy after my own heart what with the garage and
backyard for his animals.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Joke said...

Very Bauhaus.

-J.

7:08 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

very cute.

and i never lose weight nursing because it makes me so damn hungry.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home