Thursday, March 05, 2009

More Cafemom Fun

Every now and then on Cafemom (cafecrack to addicts like me) I run across a post where I cannot bring myself to navigate away and follow the Thumper rule that goes, "If you can't say anything nice..."

Here is the post I saw last night.

BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TOO!!! THAT IS WHY (Notice the incorrect spelling of to)

Okay, I just have to vent. You want to know why my family will go eat out and have a 60 dollar meal and only leave a 5 tip??? Because thats what we have left or in cash AND because tip is not part of our meal! We are not required to leave you a tip just because you decided to be nice to us. Its your job!!! You are the one that chose to work as a waiter/waitress and get paid only 2 or 3 dollars, so dont complain that you arent making enough because people dont tip. We are not required to tip you a certain amount, or anything! Be grateful for whatever you get. I have never left a tip over 5 dollars. Oh, and for those that say to go to mcdonalds to eat if i cant afford to leave a tip...oh, im sorry...well just because I dont leave a huge tip doesnt mean my family cant eat at a nice place. Heres an idea, how about you get a job that actually pays you for your service instead of relying on customers that are already giving you their business.

Oh, and yes, I have been a waitress and know what its like.
**********************************************************

Ah, rampant ignorance. Gotta love it. I could not let this one go. Here was my reply.

You know what? You're right! So what if she hustles her ass taking out your food. If she doesn't like it, she should find another job.

I am going to start being a total bitch to the person who rings up my groceries. If they don't like it, they can find another job.

Next time my propane bill arrives, I'm going to call customer service and ream them out because my bill is so high. So what if they don't set the prices. If they don't want to hear me bitch, they can find another job.

Oh, and those road construction workers. Screw that whole slow for the cone zone thing. If they don't want to get run over by my car, they can find another job.

Watch out world here I come. And I'm throwing common courtesy out the window!
*****************************************************************

So I'm just warning all of you now. Stay out of the crosswalk. I've decided to not stop for pedestrians either.

It's liberating, liberating I tell you!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds very mature. What a wonderful example for her kids.

I tip even if I'm getting carry-out.

I think a 15-20% tip should be considered part of the cost of eating out. If you can't afford the grand total, eat somewhere less expensive. Or stay home. Sheesh.

I suspect the poster and her family aren't "regulars" at the restaurants they frequent and don't have the same waitresses each time. Maybe a sense of anonymity allows her to continue behaving badly.

But your response was so much better, Caro.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oooooh I bet it felt good to say that! Did you get a nasty ole response back too? That makes it even funner,lol

1:50 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

You go girl! Love your rants.
WE don't tip in New Zealand! Never have.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Liz - If they are regulars, I'll bet nobody rushes to wait on them.

Ms. L - She didn't answer me. I'm not even sure if she knew it was sarcasm.

Chris H - You made me curious about New Zealand so I read up and found out you pay your servers a living wage. I wish we were as generous in the U.S.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Yes, it was probably lost in translation but at least you got it off your chest.

Some people just can't see past their own nose (or however that saying goes).

It still boggles my mind how the restaurant industry gets away with paying their employees such a low wage. What happened to the minimum in minimum wage??

8:52 PM  
Blogger livesbythewoods said...

Gah, what an idiot! Her, not you.

If she chooses not to tip, that's her decision (one I don't agree with), but why did she feel the need to explain herself in such a thunderingly stupid manner in the first place??

4:06 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Roxanne - The restaurant establishment has perfected a way to ensure that we pay part of their employees wages. Clever of them, huh? :-)

Livesbythewoods - I don't think she realized she was stupid. LOL That is probably the funniest part.

10:02 AM  
Blogger MsCellania said...

I hope somebody posted back that it's a fact that known chronic under-tippers' meals might be spat into - or worse - by the waitpeople for whom she has such disdain.
Somebody REALLY ought to clue her in...

10:07 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mscellania - Hee hee. I'll bet she eats LOTS of spit.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kathy Ireland said...

Oh my gosh! I love this. You just may be my new hero.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Hi Kathy. Welcome and thank you.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

You are my hero, dammit!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home