Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Rhymes with Hex

Azure has asked me several times where babies come from. "Mommy's tummy" was not the answer she was looking for either, blast it all!

I finally told her that the boy part goes in the girl part. Then the boy part shoots out seeds that fertilize the egg.

The look of disgust on her face was priceless. She told me a few days later that she wasn't going to have babies. She might get married, but she wasn't going to have babies.

I can only imagine the shock on the face of her future husband when the honeymoon starts and she says, "I told you I didn't want babies!"

Yes, I know that realistically her attitude will change in about four years. Dammit!
********************
Summer has been busy so far. We go to the park and the library a lot. Sammy has started a new socialization program three days a week. Azure goes with him as they are in need of "typical" kids.

I want to make this a memorable but cheap summer. So far so good...
********************
I forgot to renew my son's medi-cal card. We don't use it for anything personally as it's really not good for anything, but the regional center uses it to reimburse the respite people.

The paperwork showed up in May. I decided to do it that week. Then I put it in a pile and forgot about it until the end of June.

This is not the only kind of stuff I forget. I can't focus or remember many things.

Forty is the new eighty, around here anyway.
*******************

My oldest daughter, Jasmine, took this picture of Sammy. Every time the camera comes out, he strikes a pose.

9 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

That what our summer is turning out to be, too. Memorable and cheap. ;)

He sure can strike a pose, eh? Ol' blue eyes.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Roxanne - I was calling him Zoolander while she was taking the photos.

Yes, I hope the kids remember this summer fondly even though we don't have a lot of $$$$.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

I can definitely see you in him.

It's always a shock when you find out the facts of life. My mom gave me a book about it. After I read it, I thought, "Why would anyone do this?" Then I told my best friend. She got mad at me, insisting that her parents never did such a thing.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette - That is so funny that your friend got mad at you. I hope she apologized later. We all like to think our parents never did that, and if they did, they stopped after we were born.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Having eyes that color, naturally, is just not fair. Also-- future model!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

ooh wow,what a beautiful photo.
He's so striking:)
I love that he's a poser! So many kids detest having their picture taken,hopefully he never catches on to that nonsense,lol

12:12 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Ash - If he could model, maybe he could pay me some rent. LOL

Lael - Ha ha. I know what you mean about hiding from the camera. A certain picture of your son comes to mind. I used to hide from the camera too. Wait - I still do!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

He's a beautiful kid mate. You should be proud.
Facts of life.. *sigh*... I have to tell just 2 more kids all about it....

2:04 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thank you Chris. Your little ones are extremely cute too.

That was the easiest birds and bees talk ever. I hope I have at least three more years before she changes her kind of thinking.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home