Saturday, September 05, 2009

Cari

I want to tell all of you about Cari, an amazing person.

Cari is a fellow blogger I met by accident. I was new to blogging and hitting the next blog button when I stumbled on her blog. The first thing I noticed was the beautiful pictures of her children. The second thing I noticed was how much she loved her children. I commented on her blog. She was kind enough to comment on mine and that's how we met.

What I have always loved about Cari's blog is the obvious joy she takes from her family. She is so proud of her children and appreciative of her husband and parents and is happy to let everyone know. She has a gift of living in the now and savoring life. That has always shone through.

Cari is in her early thirties and she is a runner, the last person you would think would get diagnosed with breast cancer, but she was.

She shared every step of her breast cancer fight, the chemo, the fatigue, the radiation, the mastectomy, even posting pictures of her shaved head. Her humor and her faith in God came through with every post.

When it was time for the breast cancer fight to be over, she still didn't feel right and that was when brain cancer was discovered. Again, she shared every step of the battle. Despite being busy with chemo and surgeries, she took time to reach out to my sister, who had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. Cari is that kind of person.

Sadly, Cari is not doing well. There is no way for me to let her know the huge difference she has made to me and to others. I know we are all hugging our loved ones closer and learning to appreciate the little things. Cari, is truly one of a kind and I have been privileged to know her.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Lael said...

I feel the same way. She inspires something in me that pushes me forward to be better and do better in life. To just stop whining and
enjoy the life that I have,in all it's ups and especially downs.

This is such a great tribute.Thank you for introducing her to me in the first place!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Chris H said...

So sad to hear of her struggles with cancer... and of your sister's too.
Cancer is THE PITTS.

12:10 AM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

I'm going to go and give my wife and stepdaughter a hug now.

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing this post. Cari and I have been friends for several years and she is every bit as wonderful as you described.
Cari lead me to your blog- when she linked to your site on her page she told me a bit about your blog and that I would enjoy it- and she's right!I check in on yours from time to time and that's how I saw this post.
Best,
L

7:47 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Lael - She has that effect on all of us, I think. Her true personality shines through her blog.

Chris H - When my Mom was taking my sis for treatment, she purchased us all t-shirts that say Cancer Sucks.

Badgerdaddy - I've been doing more of that myself.

L - Cari told me about her friend's gluten-free blog since my son is gluten-free. I've noticed she always thinks of others.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

It's hard to know what to say here, except, I'm sorry your friend isn't doing well and I hope your sister is winning her battle.

xoxo
p

1:32 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thanks Paula. I have a hard time with comments myself when it comes to this kind of stuff. I feel so inadequate.

My sister is doing very well, thank you. Last time I saw her, she was feeling like herself again.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home