Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Saturday Nap

Me to husband: I'm going to shut my eyelids for a bit. They're feeling heavy.

Husband to son: Leave your Mom alone. She is taking a nap.

Husband and son leave room. Husband shuts door.

Five minutes later...

BAM, door flies open.

Son: Mom, I want a soda.

Me: They're in a carton next to the fridge.

Two minutes later...

BAM!

Son: I can't open this. (holding a two liter bottle)

Me: That is old and flat. The sodas are in a carton NEXT TO the fridge.

Two minutes later...

BAM!

Son: I can't find them.

Me: GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT! I AM TRYING TO NAP! IF YOU CAN'T FIND THEM, THEN YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK! DRINK WATER!

Two minutes later...

Ring, ring, ring, ring,

"Hello, you have reached..."

Three minutes later...

BAM!

Daughter: Mom, can I have a play date with Tyler?

Me: Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris H said...

Grrrr! Boys eh? I hope you eventually go that nap.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

You need a lock. Oh and earplugs!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone needs ceiling fans. Make sure to take him if your purchase anymore.

I hate to say the acorn didn't fall far from the tree but I remember a kid who stood right in front of the refrigerator telling me she couldn't find something she was looking right at. Payback is hell.

I also remember someone having the nickname of the "how come" kid.

Love

Mom

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home